Free Facebook Likes, Youtube Subscribers,  Twitter Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

NLP techniques - Meta Model Questions


Take it in turns to read out the problem statement and respond using the specific Meta Model structure indicated. Each structure will be demonstrated first.
Deletions

Unspecified Nouns

Example: I want a change

Response: What change, specifically?
I want a change

I'm enjoying this

Its terrible

I have lots of skills

Meet you at the pub

I want a computer

I want the report tomorrow

I'm putting you down for a course

I need it now

We need this done today

I need the report

Get me a sandwich

Talk to the customer

I need a new car

Get the problem fixed

I read it in a magazine

Unspecified Verbs

Example: She rejected me

Response: How exactly did she reject you?


He did it

He made her leave

I calmed the customer down

My boss ruined me

Ive taken the heat out of the situation

I did a great piece of work

Ive seen the writing on the wall

They get on really well

He's running the department badly

I like him

This company is going places

She always falls

I told him, now he should do it properly

I'm running on empty

At least he tries

Lets go!

Nominalisation

Example: I want recognition

Response: How do you want to be recognised


We have made our decision

Your work needs more attention

I have a bad feeling

I want more choice

There's no relationship

We had a great meeting

Failure worries me

I want publicity

Our customers have no patience

Sales doesn't work

He makes a bad impression

Marketing doesnt work

We need better management

Manufacturing has no future

I want more direction

Decisions are always hard

Lack of Referential Index

Example: They don't rate me

Response: Who, specifically doesn't rate you?

Response: According to who?


The writings on the wall

People are stupid

They should know better

It needs to be done properly

People make mistake

Those people need to be disciplined

Those products are expensive

One knows what's best

This happens everyday

If you learn NLP you will become very rich

We shouldn't do that

Its either them or us

You must turn your mobile off in the office

Were all going to be made redundant

They say you should do more exercise

If you cant beat them

Simple Deletion

Example: I'm unhappy

Response: unhappy about what?


You can't

Help me

Im fed up

I'm sad

We can manage

I just cant start

He is wrong

Its perfect

I know

Its all wrong

I feel curious

I don't want to

Never again

He cant

You must not do that

Stop it


Comparative Deletions

Example Our new product is more effective

Response More effective than what?

Response More effective than when?


It's for the greater good

He's more sensitive

NLP is better

She goes further

This is far more efficient

You look happier

Hard beds are better

He's more tolerant

She's much brighter

This is more complicated

This is more like it

Green is calmer

She's more fun

This is getting much easier

Blue is better

I'm enjoying this so mush more


Distortions  

Complex equivalence


Example He's silent..He doesn't like what I've done

Response How do you know that his silence means he doesn't like what you've done

A good relationship means never having to say sorry

To stay in this job I have to work harder

You cant have a well paid job that is enjoyable too

You cant trust sales people

Marketing is an easy job

If you want success you have to give up your home life

That means trouble

He came in late on Saturday; I'm going to have to fire him


When you talk like that I know you don't mean it

He wears the same colour shirt as the boss: that means he's in for promotion

I saw them down the pub together; they must be having an affair

This is the only way

He doesn't know what I want because he doesn't care about me

She goes down to the gym so she must be healthy


Lost performance

Example its disaster to be made redundant

Response Who is being made redundant

Response Who is saying its a disaster?


People make mistake

Managers are overpaid

They should have seen it coming

People like people who are like them

They're always doing that

People learn from people who are different

This report needs finishing

Learning NLP will make you more successful

A meeting was held

This needs fixing

Mistakes have been made

This report needs finishing

Nobody is pulling their weight

A meeting has already been held about this

People are more flexible these days

They've been at it again 

Mind reading

Example you don't rate me

Response How do know that I don't rate you?

Response what leads you to believe that?



I know you don't believe me

She's really happy now

He doesn't want to help me

Hell laugh at this

You just don't care

They will think I'm stupid if I do that

He's ever so happy

Hell be upset if you disturb him

My boss thinks Im lazy

Hell get upset if you leave early

Hell hate you if you do that

When I present, everyone is judging me

The boss is in a foul mood today

You can see how effective NLP is

You know this isn't working

I know you're enjoying this


Cause and effect


Example He makes me cringe just by speaking

Response How does he make you cringe?

Response How do you make yourself cringe when he speaks?



Because of you I feel worthless

This exercise will inspire me

I'm unhappy when he goes away

If I stay in this job I have to work harder

If you want a pay rise you have to stay late

If I do that Ill get into trouble

My boss makes me angry

If you do that Ill leave

I feel tense as soon as speaks

They restrict my enthusiasm

I cant relax without music

If you want success you have to give up your home life

We cant do that because it wont listen

If I do the presentation it will go badly

There's no point trying, he wont listen

I wont apply, they'll never give me the job

Things always go wrong when she walks in here

Presuppositions


Example What are we going to do next?

Response How do you know were doing something next?

Response What makes you think were doing something next?



When this plan falls Ill say told you so

It will be easier when he leaves

What will the next reorganization bring?

When are you leaving?

Who are you going to fire next?

You'll enjoy it once you do it

Once you make a start you'll find it easy

We cant buy a car because we don't have any cash


Ill be so happy when he gets found out

I cant go for lunch with you because I'm

going to a customer meeting

I cant go home my boss wont like it

I cant learn to use this properly because I don't have enough time

What's going to go wrong next?

I'm just waiting for a bus

We wont be late we can get a taxi

Ill be happy when this is all over


Generalisations

Universal Quantifiers

Example He never listens to me

Response Never?

Response was there ever a time when he did?



Nobody likes me

He always tells the truth

All company's are greedy

No one cares any more

Its always the honest people that love

Nobody is having any fun these days

Nothings the same anymore

All the competition exaggerates

Nothing works here

Ill never be able to get fit

Everybody's talking about it

They always have an excuse

Americans can express themselves

Everybody works too hard

Sales people cant be trusted

NLP practitioners are always healthy

Modal Operator of Necessity

Example I have to take care of her

Response What happens if you do/don't?



We shouldn't do that

You have to get a good education

You must arrive on time

You've got to laugh

I must get a new car

You always have to be dressed smartly

You must be polite to the boss

We have to get a break from work


You must get that work done to day

I mustn't leave yet

You need an action plan

You have to listen to the boss

You ought to be more careful

You shouldn't talk to that customer

without asking me first

This project must not fail

You mustn't 

Modal Operator of Possibility


Example I cant tell the truth

Response What would happen if you did?

Response What stops you?

Response How do you stop yourself?


I can't go there now

I can't relax

I can't ring that customer

Ill never be to able to learn this

I won't be able to complete that on time

I can't sleep

I can't apply for that job

I couldn't possibly tell you

I might not finish that report on time

I couldn't ask for a pay rise

I cant imagine that

I cant concentrate on work at the moment

I might just tell him that

I couldn't fire her

I could do it if I tried

I might do what he says

0 comments:

Post a Comment