Free Facebook Likes, Youtube Subscribers,  Twitter Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

NLP Technique - Embedded Commands


So what are embedded commands?

Embedded Commands are commands which have been softened by embedding them in a particular sentence. This means that they are less likely to be noticed and it is more likely that the client will follow the command.

Be aware that if you lead people to do what's in their interest they are likely to thank you, if you lead people to do what is against their interest they are likely seek revenge!

Embedded commands are one aspect of hypnotic language.

Embedded Commands - What's important

Firstly choose a command that's clear and easy to understand. In this exercise we'll use:

"Feel good"

"Register for a package of 5 coaching sessions"

"Take me out for a coffee"

Secondly remember to deliver your command dropping your voice down at the end of the command. This ensures it comes over as a command and not a question.

Sometimes its easier simply to give a command without embedding it! only embed it if you need to.

You can embed the command in a appropriate sentence or phrase as below. You may want to use a sentence that 'paces your clients current experience.' Finally you may want to 'mark out' the command with an appropriate small but clear had gesture.

When you're both congruent and put all the above together you'll be very influential.

Embedded Commands - Some examples

You can feel good as you start this exercise.

You can register for a package of 5 coaching sessions and start getting the benefits earlier.

You can take me out for a coffee and I'll tell you about cold reading.

What's it's like when you feel good because you've finished before the deadline.

What's its like when you register for a package of 5 coaching sessions and know you've taken a key step in easily achieving your goals.

What's it like when you take me out for a coffee and you have a chance to tell me what's important to you about this.

You probably haven't thought to feel good just because you're alive. Until now anyway.

You probably haven't thought to register for a package of 5 coaching sessions but it's what I'd recommend.

You probably haven't thought to take me out to coffee but it's what I'd recommend if you would like to get this sorted now.

I won't ask you to feel good just because you've turned up. I will ask you to feel good because you've taken the first step.

I won't ask you to register for a package of 5 coaching sessions, but if its what you want you may consider it all the same.

I won't ask you to take me out for coffee but if you its what you want you may consider it all the same.

I'm wondering if you'll feel good after the massage.

I'm wondering if you register for a package of 5 coaching sessions you'll realise the how quickly you'll change.

I won't ask you to take me out to coffee but I this time I'll ask you to pay.

If you've feel good now you'll feel even better as we move to the next part.

If you register for a package of 5 coaching sessions, you'll have set yourself up to succeed.

If you take me out to coffee I've a secret to share.

You may or may not realise that you can feel good by surrendering to the moment.

You may or may not realise that you can register for a package of 5 coaching sessions for the investment of four.

As you practise embedded commands in this way you will find you can improve your skills to point where you've managed to improve your influencing skills so that people just do what you want. And you can enjoy the additional responsibility this gives you.

Examples of phrases to set up embedded commands

Luckily you can:

When you:

If you were to:

If I were to:

What's it like when you:

A person can:

It's not necessary to:

You really shouldn't:

You don't have to:

(Thanks to Ross Jeffries)



Have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment